EDC Partners & References
The Santa Maria Valley Economic Development Commission (EDC) is the regions local resource providing advocacy when needed while continuously promoting economic growth and building long lasting economic vitality throughout the Santa Maria Valley and its surrounding area. We provide programs and resources that reinforce growth, expansion, attraction and sustainability for existing business and potential future businesses. Our focus remains on business growth, job growth, future economic growth and sustaining a strong, vibrant and beautiful place to live, work and play.
Economic Development Commission – Members
The Santa Maria Valley Economic Development Commission is comprised of a diverse volunteer base of the various industries represented in the Santa Maria Valley appointed by our partners (Santa Maria Airport & City of Santa Maria) and the Santa Maria Valley Chamber Board of Directors. The Commission provides guidance on the creation of an annual Economic Development Action Plan and implementation.
- Chair: Tim Ritchie, Home Motors
- Dan Blough, Dan Blough Construction
- Jim Bray, Pacific Coast Energy
- Anne Cremarosa, SM Business Development Ctr.
- Dave Cross, Fletcher Cross Associates
- Danny Deveraux, CalPortland
- Jason Diani, Diani Companies
- Mark Fugate, Charter Brokerage
- Angelica Gutierrez, Rabobank
- Chris Hastert, Santa Maria Public Airport
- Jay Hardy, Hardy Diagnostics
- Rick Haydon, City of Santa Maria
- Rob Himoto, Santa Maria Valley Railroad
- Mike Kirkwood, EconAlliance
- Sofia Lariz, Emerald Broadcasting
- Kerin Mase, Marian Regional Medical Center
- Glenn Morris, Santa Maria Valley Chamber of Commerce
- Chuen Ng, City of Santa Maria
- Rick Rust, Aera Energy
- Steve Scott, Scott Construction
- Suzanne Singh, Santa Maria Valley Chamber of Commerce
- David Swenk, Urban Planning Concepts
- Kevin Walthers, Allan Hancock College
- Brooks Wise, Heritage Oaks Bank
Economic Development Partners
The Economic Vitality of the Region is an asset to all who live & work in the area. Our partners: The City of Santa Maria, and the Santa Maria Public Airport understand a strong economy, keeps a healthy residential and business community.
The EDC is a public-private partnership between the Santa Maria Valley Chamber of Commerce, the City of Santa Maria, and the Santa Maria Public Airport District.
For more information on services provided by the Santa Maria Valley Economic Development Commission, please call (805) 925-2403.