GECE, Corp is looking to expand our team and hire a full-time (40 hours per week) and part-time (20 hours per week) electrical systems drafting technician. This position works with direction from the drafting supervisor and/or project manager and project engineer. Proficiency in AutoCAD is a requirement along with familiarity with building and site electrical systems.
Key Understanding / Responsibilities:
1. Work with project manager and project engineer to develop electrical design deliverables including single line diagrams, lighting and controls design, power systems design, electrical details, and device schedules.
2. Help ensure issuance of design deliverables to meet deadlines for engineering review and project submittals.
3. Implement drafting of written & verbal instructions, including engineer mark-ups and sketches, in AutoCAD with a high degree of accuracy, according to company and industry standards.
4. Interact with clients in person and on the phone to discuss project design and approach.
1. AutoCAD proficiency
2. Working Revit knowledge
3. Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel)
4. Ability & willingness to work both independently & collaboratively as part of a team
5. Ability & willingness to learn new computer programs required for job execution
6. Ability to interface with clients and other consultants in a professional manner
7. Ability to work within framework of existing CAD standards
8. Multi-tasking ability
9. Ability & willingness to work on a variety of projects simultaneously
10. Ability to communicate effectively, both in verbal and written correspondence
11. Applicants should speak, read and write English fluently.
Competitive compensation and benefit packages will vary depending on applicant experience.
* Qualified applicants shall send a cover letter and resume.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time