Hosting a Ribbon Cutting
Your ribbon cutting is a fantastic opportunity to celebrate your business with current and prospective clients, family members and the community. It is up to you to make the ribbon cutting as BIG or as SUCCESSFUL as you like – only you can leverage it to its full potential.
Unless you explicitly inform us your ribbon cutting will be a private/by invitation only event, the Chamber will provide the following promotion:
- Invite Chamber Members, local dignitaries and local media to ribbon cutting via email
- Ribbon cutting event information published on Chamber Events Calendar and Facebook page
- Event promoted through the Chamber Twitter account
- Event information promoted through a Friday Chamber email blast
We require you to send your logo and event details via email to email@example.com at least two weeks prior to the event. Please note that we will begin promoting the event up to two weeks out, even if we have not received this information from you.
During the Ribbon Cutting
The Chamber will photograph the event and images will be published on our social media platforms, and featured in our monthly Chamber Connection newsletter.
After the Ribbon Cutting
Your business will receive the following promotion after your ribbon cutting has taken place:
- Photos published in our monthly Chamber Connection newsletter, which is mailed to all Chamber members and inserted into the Santa Maria Times newspaper
- Photos published on Facebook and Instagram
Tips for a Successful Ribbon Cutting
- Chamber Ambassadors will attend your ribbon cutting, and will help to create a warm and friendly atmosphere.
- You are welcome (and encouraged!) to invite anyone to your ribbon cutting, including current clients, prospective clients, suppliers, family members and friends, office neighbors, etc.
Food & Beverage
- Drinks and snacks are a great way to keep people socializing at your business, building relationships and facilitating networking.
- Food and range from simple crackers/appetizers with soft drinks, wine and beer, desserts, catered options or whatever you choose!
The only scheduled activities are signing the ribbon, cutting it, photographs of the ribbon cutting and ribbon presentation. Additional activities at your ribbon cutting could include:
- Discussing your business & providing a tour
- Introducing staff members, suppliers
- Showing samples of your work
Most importantly, have fun with your ribbon cutting! It's a great opportunity to showcase & celebrate your business with the local community. Questions about planning your ribbon cutting can be directed to Membership Manager Cara Martinez at (805) 925-2403 x852 or firstname.lastname@example.org.