Special Project Grants
The Special Projects Grants program is a sponsorship program that supports event planners hosting their event or project in Santa Maria, with the goal of increasing overnight stays in our hotels.
Formal letter of request for sponsorship must be received by 5:00 p.m. of the first Friday of May or November. First-time event sponsorships can be submitted at any time. Checks are usually mailed out within two months, so please plan accordingly.
The formal letter of request for sponsorship must include pertinent details of the event, such as:
- Date(s) of the event
- Start time/end time
- Admission cost
- Complete contact information for the event or project (this information will be posted publicly)
- Overview of your promotional plan:
- How will you market the event or project to boost overnight stays in Santa Maria?
- Which cities or areas will you be targeting?
- How will you spend your advertising dollars (pricing needed for print ads, online ads, brochures, posters, etc.)?
- Outline the ways the Chamber will be recognized for its sponsorship
Applicants must be able to meet the following criteria:
- The Santa Maria Valley Chamber of Commerce will be named a sponsor of your event/project
- The event/project must be held in the Santa Maria Valley
- Events held in the downtown area and/or during the off-season of November-April receive preference
- Event/project must be marketed to bring in overnight stays to the Santa Maria Valley
- Monies must be used for: marketing, graphic design, printing, radio/print/online advertising or tournament fees. Funding is not to be used for giveaways or prizes for your event
Applicants must meet these requirements in order to be considered for funding:
- Planner must be a current Chamber Member
- Must work with our Chamber Member Hotels
- Must provide a reciprocal link from your website to the Chamber's website
- Submit one request for an event or project, per application
- Post-event, submit receipts and copies of ads, bulk mail paperwork, printing invoices/receipts, etc.
Digital Marketing Extender Program
This grant program is designed to extend the reach and impact of digital marketing employed by local event organizers. Ideally, we seek to be a catalyst for economic growth in the community through increased attendance at local events, which can include nonprofit fundraisers and other similar community events.